Our Stats for 2017
Want to know how we did last year?
- Overall C-section rate 10.2%
- Low-risk c-section rate 17.6% (NTSV – nulliparous (first baby), Singleton, term, head down)
- Overall transfer rate 16.3%
- Transfer rate for 1st baby 29%
- Transfer rate for subsequent baby 9.3%
- VBAC success rate 75%
- 2 of our VBAC moms had had 2 previous c sections, and one had twins
- We had a total of 49 moms labor with us, and 8 of them delivered in the hospital with 3 vaginal deliveries.
Our approaches to maternity care – the Midwifery Model seeks to protect, support, and avoid interfering with the natural course of pregnancy and birth. In this model, the midwife is also always watchful for potential complications and adjusts the plan of care accordingly.